MoonlightStory
Welcome to MoonlightStory's Forum!

MoonlightStory is a v83 MapleStory Private server! It is a very fun and awesome server with tons of features!

Be sure to register and play MoonlightStory! If not, you will regret!

What are you waiitng for? Do it now!

Kevin's GM App.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kevin's GM App.

Post by Kevin on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Well for my GM App, I am going to be using my own format because I believe this one is too short and I've already asked the owner.
And on to my GM application.

About yourself

Full name: Kevin (I wont be posting my last name for security reasons)
Date of Birth:03/28/1995
Time zone:(GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
IGN (In game name):Kevin
RBs: Currently I only have 40 but I will be raising that soon.
Describe yourself: I am a very funny, weird, mean, angry, immature, mature(if needed), and a lot more to say but get to know me to know how I am.
Position you are seeking for: I am seeking to be a GM.

GM Questions Very Happy

Why do you want to become a GM?
I would like to become a GM because I believe that Sammy, Pascal, and Matt have enough to worry about other then all the people inside the game itself. I would like to help them worry about the things that happen inside the game so that they can peacefully code if they are or just do anything they are doing without worrying about whats going on in game because I believe that causes stress.

Is being a GM important to you?
No, not really but being a friend to the community is important to me. I rather have friends and not be a GM then be a GM and not have friends.

Were you a GM in other servers, were they popular servers?
Yes I was in a few but no they were not popular.

Would you abuse yo powah?!?!?!?!
No, because I believe that being a GM is an opportunity and not a right.

How many events would you hold as GM per week?
This all depends on if we have a limit or not. If not then i will be hosting one per day. So seven is the minimum

Honest Questions!

Are you nice/friendly?
To be honest, it all depends on my mood.

Do you know how to handle a situation that involves scamming? How would you solve it?
I'll be honest with you guys, I only think I do.
What I would do is:
Situation 1
1) Ask the person that got scammed to give me a screen shot of the item they lost
2) If they do not have it anymore than I will ask who scammed them.
3) If they answer, then go ask the person that scammed them to give it back.
4) If the person that scammed did not give the item back I will jail that person for 10minutes.
5) If the person still didn't give the item back after 10minutes I would ask the owners, admin and head GM on what we should do about situation and handle the way they want me to.

Situation 2
1) Ask the person that got scammed to give me a screen shot of the item they lost.
2) If they do not provide me a screen shot then I will answer nicely saying "I can not help you until you provide me a screen shot".
3) If they keep asking me to help them then I will have to ignore them and report the owners, admin, and head gm on what we should do about the situation and handle it the way they want me to.

Do you help new players a lot?
Yes and No because if the person is new to private servers I will help that person, but if that person is new to the server and already played another server then no i will not help that person cause that person already knows what to do.

How would you contribute to the server. -Ingame-
I will try my best to handle all the trouble of the players in game so that the owners and coders can code peacefully without drama going on. And also I will learn how to script NPCs(already am).

How would you contribute to the server. -Outgame- Ex. Forums, Banners, Re-designing and etc. etc.
I will be on the forums daily to see if any drama is going on and see what I can do about the drama is there is any.
For Re-designing and Banners? I will ask a few friends an example of the site like one similar to it and ask them if we need re-designing and a new banner. If so then I will ask them what we should re-design and what we should do about the banner.

How long have you been playing?
I have been playing for I have no idea because I do not keep count of the days I played and also I was bouncing around servers before I settled into this server.

How long will you play each day?
I will play for close to about 24/7 xD because i usually have nothing else to do because I don't have my car anymore.

What do you do on the internet each day? -No vulgar, explicit or sexual stuff please-
I just sit here and listen to music, chat with a few friends, go on the server, learn how to script NPCs, go on GMS and train, and that's about it.

Do you get pissed off easily by the slightest thing?
Usually no but if it was about a close friend of mine then yes. And I only have 2 close friends so far on this server.

Would you be mad at some one who talks l1ke d1s m4n?
No, I will not because not everyone types the same.

Finally how have you helped out the server so far?
So far? That I can not answer because I do not know myself

~Scenarios~

In this part, we don't judge you by yes/no, we judge you by your answer and reasoning, like all the other ones.

You, a new GM, are being trained by the owner. The owner is being very bossy :3. But then the owner's internet has D/C'd, and the majority of the people want an event. ( About like 7 - 15 people ). You say sure, and host a T/F. Winner gets a rare chair. Event is over, they ask you for one more. What do you do? Do an event? or Don't do an event. If you don't do an event, what will you do afterwards? If you do an event, What event are you gonna do? Is the prize gonna be a rare one? or a Not-so much rare one. Be reasonable and please take some time on this question.

If this happens, then I will have to say no. I am saying no because I believe only the owners can host events back to back. And also because I know even though they are bored and want an event they will end up finding something else] to do because having events back to back will eventually get boring.

Extra Information

I am the royal panda.
Hear me Rawr!
-RAWRS-

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name:

Kevin

Timezone:

Central Time (US & Canada)

Texas

Reborns:

How long have you been playing MoonlightStory?

I have been playing for I have no idea because I do not keep count of the days I played and also I was bouncing around servers before I settled into this server.

What do you like about MoonlightStory/ What stands out about the server?

What I like about the MoonlightStory is that all the staff interact with community and try to be friends with everyone on the server. What stands out is the time being put into working on the server by the owners and coders.

Why are you applying here?

I would like to become a GM because I believe that Sammy, Pascal, and Matt have enough to worry about other then all the people inside the game itself. I would like to help them worry about the things that happen inside the game so that they can peacefully code if they are or just do anything they are doing without worrying about whats going on in game because I believe that causes stress. And to also help people as much as i can.

Are you currently a GM on any other server?

No I am not because if I were a GM on another why would I bother to work from a player and be promoted back to a GM again.

Have you applied to any other server in the past 4 weeks?

No.

What are your 'Pros' and 'Cons' ?

Pros:
I am willing to help anyone in need of assistance.
I can also help with the coding once I know for sure I know what I'm doing inside the script.
I am willing to learn anything that I do not know of already.
I am willing to have Sammy or Pascal yell at me for anything that I have done wrong.

Cons:
I get distracted easily.
Short fuse.
I sleep way too much.

How can you contribute to MoonlightStory?

I will try my best to handle all the trouble of the players in game so that the owners and coders can code peacefully without drama going on. And also I will learn how to script NPCs(already am).

What do you think the real meaning of a being GM is and do you have any experience?
A role model within the community.
And yes I do have experience of being a GM but no I can't find any pictures sadly...

Would you abuse your powers as a GM?

No, because I believe that being a GM is an opportunity and not a right.

Pretend someone has scammed a person with a precious item (rare item, GM-Scrolled item, etc.) How will you react to solve such a situation?

I'll be honest with you guys, I only think I do.
What I would do is:
Situation 1
1) Ask the person that got scammed to give me a screen shot of the item they lost
2) If they do not have it anymore than I will ask who scammed them.
3) If they answer, then go ask the person that scammed them to give it back.
4) If the person that scammed did not give the item back I will jail that person for 10minutes.
5) If the person still didn't give the item back after 10minutes I would ask the owners, admin and head GM on what we should do about situation and handle the way they want me to.

Situation 2
1) Ask the person that got scammed to give me a screen shot of the item they lost.
2) If they do not provide me a screen shot then I will answer nicely saying "I can not help you until you provide me a screen shot".
3) If they keep asking me to help them then I will have to ignore them and report the owners, admin, and head gm on what we should do about the situation and handle it the way they want me to.

Pretend someone is Vac Hacking and Summon Hacking, how will you react?

Vac Hack:
I will follow the person in hide just to make sure they are not lagging. And if they not lagging I will take a screenshot to back up my case if they said they weren't hacking and temp. ban them to see what the other GMs think do, but if there is a rule where hackers will not be given a warning.
Summon Hacking:
I will go in hide and take a couple of screenshots to back up my case just in case they say they were'nt hacking. and then ban.

How would you explain yourself and your personality?

I am a very funny, weird, mean, angry, immature, mature(if needed), and a lot more to say but get to know me to know how I am.

Anything additional you would like to add?

I am the royal panda.
Hear me Rawr!
-RAWRS-

Kevin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kevin's GM App.

Post by Sammy on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:08 am

sorry i dont hire hackers

Sammy
Owner

View user profile